Grasshopper is leaving the UK
0844 Numbers for Your Business
Sound More Professional. Start Business Right.
- Get National Numbers Instantly
- Sound like a big business at a small business price
- Transfer existing local and national numbers to Grasshopper
- Create a national presence for your business
- Manage your calls right on your mobile
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Sound More Professional With 0844 Numbers
All companies need ways for customers to contact them. When you first start a business, your mobile number may work well, but as you grow, you should consider getting a professional, dedicated line.
0844 numbers are non-geographic numbers (NGNs) and give your business the professional image of having a national presence.
History of the 0844 Number
In 1995, UK implemented PhONEday, which was a national change to the UK telephone dialing plan. Part of this plan was implementing the 084 prefix as a service number prefix. The 0845 prefix was first introduced in 1996 as a non-geographic service number charged at the local call rate. 0844 numbers were introduced in 2000 to be used with dial-up internet services as well as for general uses with a call rate of up to 7p per minute.
Why Bother with a 0844 number?
It gives you a professional image.
0844 numbers give your small business or startup a professional look and feel, even if you’re working from a home office or shared space.
Promote a national presence.
0844 are non-geographic numbers (NGNs) which means they're not associated with a certain region in the UK. Your small business immediately becomes national with one.
They give you privacy.
0844 numbers are much better than home or mobile lines because they’re only for business—no more mixing calls from your family with ones from your customers. A separate line just for work gives you the professionalism you need.
Track marketing efforts.
You can use these numbers to track marketing efforts. If you're running multiple campaigns at once, you can use different numbers to figure out how people are contacting you. You can put one number on the home page of your website and another on your pay-per-click ads. This strategy will help you figure out who is converting from where.
Engage and convert your customers.
Customers like to see 0844 numbers from the businesses they work with, as it proves that the businesses are serious, even if they’re small. Many of our customers have reported increases in conversions after adding a number to their website or email signature.
A dedicated support or sales line.
A 0844 number can serve as your primary phone number, but can also be used as a support or sales line.
How do you get one for your business?
You can get one through any 0844 service provider. Many providers are online—you can simply sign up and get going. Many services offer additional features such as auto-receptionists, call forwarding and voicemail services.
How much do they cost?
Getting an 0844 number is a lot more reasonably priced than you might think. The cost of 0844 numbers varies depending on your provider, the plan you choose and the amount of minutes you use per month. At Grasshopper, you can get a phone number for as low as £10.
What other features do they come with?
The number alone is great, but other features can make it better. Many providers will have additional features such as:
- Call forwarding – forward calls to a landline or mobile. Up to 100 extensions are available to ensure that calls can be forwarded to each employee.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – all of the benefits of a live receptionist at a fraction of the cost.
- Voicemail & Voicemail Transcription – receive recorded messages and read them via email.
- Call Barring – screen and block unwanted phone calls so you can focus on what’s important for your business.
- Faxing – receive faxes.
- Many more
What phone numbers are available from Grasshopper?
Grasshopper offers local 02 & 01 numbers, freephone numbers (0800 & 0808) as well as national 03 numbers.
- The placement of your 0844 number is important. It should go in a prominent place on your website, but can also be put on business cards, billboards, branded cars, and review sites.
- Some businesses give out their numbers so customers can call and get all the information they need through a recorded message. (An estate agent might record a message about a certain flat, for example.)
- Many Grasshopper customers opt for regional numbers and NGNs, so they can cater to customers on a local and national level at the same time.
Over 250,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting