eReceptionist vs Grasshopper
Virtual Landline Comparisons
What is eReceptionist?
eReceptionist is a virtual phone service that offers a UK virtual phone number for your business. You have the option of selecting a local, non-geographic or freephone number. Whichever number you choose, calls can be forwarded to another number or phone. eReceptionist offers an array of features in their plan offerings:
- 350 Monthly Included Minutes: includes 2 extensions, call forwarding, call routing, voicemail to email, on-hold music, dial-by-name directory and many more features.
- 750 Monthly Included Minutes:offers 4 extensions in addition to VIP setup and support. A support team will setup the system at no additional cost and will provide a direct line for ongoing support.
- 1600 Monthly Included Minutes: includes 6 extensions and the option to transfer an existing phone number.
What are some key differences between eReceptionist and Grasshopper?
- Unlimited extensions: Grasshopper offers 100 extensions with every plan, so that your phone system can grow with your business. Each employee has access to their own extension, voicemail and transcription services. They can also forward calls to whatever line is most convenient. eReceptionist’s biggest plan caps at 6 extensions.
- Multiple Numbers: eReceptionist offers one local, national or international number. The Grasshopper Grow and Max plans include multiple numbers.
- A mobile focus: The Grasshopper app is offered for all plans. This gives you more flexibility to customize how you're reached wherever you are. eReceptionist currently doesn't offer an app.
- Virtual numbers: When you purchase a number from Grasshopper you own it and can take it with you if you leave. eReceptionist technically owns all the numbers you get from them.
How much does it cost?
eReceptionist and Grasshopper vary when it comes to costs, plan structures and features. Before making a decision, make sure you’ve assessed what aspects of a phone system are most important to your business.
|Pay As You Grow||RAMP||GROW||MAX|
|0 minutes (pay as you go)||1,000 minutes||2,000 minutes||10,000 minutes|
|100 extensions||100 extensions||100 extensions||100 extensions|
|350 Monthly Included Minutes||750 Monthly Included Minutes||1600 Monthly Included Minutes|
|3 Extensions included||4 Extensions included||6 Extensions included|
Choosing the best option for you
Both Grasshopper and eReceptionist are great options for your startup or existing business. Both services provide an array of features and support offerings. However, if you're thinking of expanding your business in the future, Grasshopper is the choice for you. It's a seamless process to add more extensions and the app allows you the flexibility you want where you go.
If you’re looking for online reviews of eReceptionist, you can check out their reviews page on Trustpilot here.
If you want to compare those with Grasshopper, you can find our reviews on Google+, the Better Business Bureau, Virtual Phone System Reviews, and GetApp.