0208 Numbers for Your Business
Sound More Professional. Start Business Right.
- Get a London Number Instantly
- Sound like a big business at a small business price
- Transfer existing local and national numbers to Grasshopper
- Establish a local presence for customers in London
- Manage your calls right on your mobile
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Sound More Professional With a 0208 Number.
All companies need ways for customers to contact them. When you first start a business, your mobile number may work well, but as you grow, you should consider getting a professional, dedicated line.
0208 numbers allow customers to call you, knowing that you do business in the Greater London area. Even if you’re traveling somewhere else, you’ll always present a professional, regional appearance.
History of the 0208 Number
020 is the national dialing code for London, serving most Greater London and a few adjacent areas. The London area code was initially under the STD code 01 starting in 1959. In the 1990s, the UK made a series of area code changes known as the “Big Number Change,” and on 1 June 1999, the current 020 area code became active.
While 0208, 0203, and 0207 numbers are no longer assigned to specific areas of London, 0208 numbers were initially introduced in 2000 to replace the old 0181 outer London area code.
Why bother with a 0208 number?
Give you a professional image.
0208 numbers give your small business or startup a professional look and feel, even if you’re working from a home office or shared space.
Promote a regional presence.
0208 numbers are specific to the Greater London Area, making it clear that you do business in the neighbourhood. Your small business immediately becomes hyper-local with this type of number.
They give you privacy.
0208 numbers are much better than home or mobile lines because they’re only for business—no more mixing calls from your family with ones from your customers. A separate line just for work gives you the professionalism you need.
A dedicated support or sales line.
A 0208 number can serve as your primary phone number, but can also be used as a support or sales line.
How do you get one for your business?
You can get one through many service providers. Many providers are online—you can simply sign up and get going. Many services offer additional features such as auto-receptionists, call forwarding, and voicemail services.
How much do they cost?
Getting a 0208 number is a lot more reasonably priced than you might think. The cost of 0208 numbers varies depending on your provider, the plan you choose, and the amount of minutes you use per month. At Grasshopper, you can get a 0208 number for as low as 9 pounds.
It is also important to consider the cost incurred by a customer to call a given number. Check out Grasshopper’s comprehensive numbers cost guide to see the costs and benefits of the different phone numbers available for your business.
What other features do they come with?
The number alone is great, but other features can make it better. Many providers will have additional features such as:
- Call forwarding – forward calls to a landline or mobile. Up to 100 extensions are available to ensure that calls can be forwarded to each employee.
- Virtual Receptionist Services – all of the benefits of a live receptionist at a fraction of the cost.
- Voicemail & Voicemail Transcription – receive recorded messages and read them via email.
- Call Barring – screen and block unwanted phone calls so you can focus on what’s important for your business.
- Faxing – receive faxes.
- Many more
What phone numbers are available from Grasshopper?
Grasshopper offers local 02 & 01 numbers, freephone numbers (0800 & 0808) as well as national 03 numbers.
- The placement of your 0208 number is important. It should go in a prominent place on your website, but can also be put on business cards, billboards, branded cars, and review sites.
- Some businesses give out their numbers so customers can call and get all the information they need through a recorded message (an estate agent might record a message about a certain flat, for example).
- Many Grasshopper customers opt for freephone numbers and NGNs alongside their 0208 numbers, so they can cater to customers on a local and national level at the same time.
Over 250,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting